Thursday 22 May 2008

Gavin Dishes on Gwen and New Album!

21 May 2008


take40.com Exclusive!
Former Bush frontman, Gavin Rossdale, aka Mr Gwen Stefani, has released his first solo album and he told our US correspondent about his expectations and what it's like playing second banana to his wife Gwen!

"The last album did so badly that I don't feel any pressure about this one," he said at his management office in Los Angeles last week. His latest album Wanderlust is the first since the demise of his previous band, 'Institute'.

The self-deprecating rock star jokes about his last record with Institute. "Well, we only had four fans. At least they were the members of U2, so maybe altogether we had eight fans!"

Rossdale doesn't mind that his wife Gwen is a bigger rock star than he is.

"I love that Gwen is an independent girl who goes and does her thing," says Gavin.

"She's obviously not the same person at home as she is publicly but I'm a very secure guy. I have to tell you, as a man, it takes a lot of power not to be intimidated by that kind of success. But for me, I just wouldn't succumb to that kind of emasculating vulnerability."

Meanwhile, the first single off Wanderlust, 'Love Remains the Same', is about.... who else? "It's a celebration of my love for Gwen. What can I say? I'm a bit of a sucker."

http://www.take40.com/news/14497/Gavin-Dishes-on-Gwen-and-New-Album!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts



E.MAIL HERE