Saturday 2 August 2008

Gavin Rossdale post to fans on the official forum

35,000 feet again
Posted by GMR on 8/2/2008 Comments (2)

35,000 feet again.

---------------------------------------

Flying from Toronto to la.

It’s been a great few weeks since I last wrote.

First off,the shows in the mid west were brilliant.

the shows wherever we've played have been something else.



Since it’s the start of the record and playing shows,itseems best to have no expectations and allow each night to be something new.

I can see how the record is firing into people’slives.making assassin music.

I’ll stay the dark horse.

So,each show takes me further out there.

And the audiences….thankyou…you fire me up.



I’ve always thought the shows are looped and energy comesaround,and you treated us like friends you just pick back up with,no matter howlong since you’ve seen them.

And I know there’s new people there too-and so we start anew dialogue and that’s music.



I still consider this really early on this record,

So many still unaware but the word is out and the showsreflected that.



We had a blast in san diego-did some acoustic shows (3 actually)-totally stripped down andintimate.

And then had a brilliant day watching the horses and playinga show at the racetrack at del mar,and the crowd was immense.and wherever youcould see,there were people.rammed is another word.you gotta love that.

And all on a warm summer night.one of those perfect momentsyou have to hold with everything you got.

Then onto vegas-the playground of excess.i love vegas.it isbuilt for pleasure.



We played the joint-which brought back so many bushmemories(like most shows)but I remember the first time we played there,and whowas with us and what we did,yeah,memories……….anyhow the show was excellent.



Then we did an acoustic set at wasted space,the new barinside the hard rock..which was hilarious.i totally enjoyed myself and felt like lenny bruce as the crowd was there to party(vegas)and

We only had a couple of acoustic guitars…so we played awhile and it was surreal and I loved the chaos.



Then on into the good night …,we went out till someonementioned it was light outside and we should be getting flights home.



And these last few days been up here in Toronto-doing promofor the record and “mentoring”on Canadian idol

And performing on there.

It’s obviously a world and a half away from what I know ordo,but quite a way to play to Canada on one night.

I enjoyed it,the contestants really cared about the musicand their singing.as they should,but it was good to see.

I watched them the night after we had discussed their songsand found myself rooting for them all.

I look forward to coming back to Canada to play some showslater in the year.we’ve had some massive shows there.

Some weird airplane food has arrived and I need to have itremoved.so,I have to go get some help.

It’s staring at me and I don’t like it.





g

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts



E.MAIL HERE